Monday, September 10, 2012

Why hello, Fall!

I love Autumn!  I mean, I really like the summer:  pool days, suntans, drinking on patios, not having to wear a coat, blah blah blah.  

But I love cool nights.  I love dark nail polish.  I love cozy sweaters and skinny jeans with boots. I love the crisp smell of the leaves.  I love the leaves in general.  Too bad if you live somewhere that doesn't get to see the leaves change.  I love pumpkin coffee (I mean who doesn't?).  I love my Mom's apple pie.  I love Halloween.  

But right now it's that weird time of year when it's still kinda nice and summery, but it's September, so in my mind, it's totally fall.  What's a girl to do??  

Fall also means my fall semester started.  I'm only taking one class.  But it happens to be Psychopharmacological Intervention.  Yikes!  My internship hours also jumped up to twenty hours a week.  

I'd like to leave you with this lovely tidbit:  Tyrosine enters dopaminergic neurons by diffusion, where the cytoplasmic enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase converts it to L-DOPA.  L-DOPA is then converted by DOPA decarboxylase into dopamine.  

Awesome.

No comments: