Thursday, September 22, 2011

This is *so* going in my blog!!

It's fall and you know what that means! New TV. . .yay!!

So one of my all time favorite sitcoms is How I Met You Mother.  If you've never seen it- here is my attempt at a synopsis.  It's about a guy named Ted who is telling his kids the story of (you guessed it) how he met their mother.  Although we are on season 7 and we have yet to actually meet her.  In his life are his two friends from college, a couple named Marshall & Lily; Barney, a womanizer and Robin, a TV reporter from Canada. One of my favorite things about this show is that there are so many inside jokes and foreshadowing.  So if you are like me and you've seen every episode, there are a lot of little things that you will find funny that a casual viewer might not get.  For example (with no major spoilers) in the beginning of one episode Ted mentions a goat was in the apartment.  At the end of the episode, he goes back to it and then says something like, "oh wait, that wasn't me whatever-whatever birthday.  That happened on my whatever-whatever plus one birthday."  And, yep that's right, the following year there is a plot line involving a goat.  There is another **hysterical** sub-sub plot line that has been going on for about 3 years!  And just when you forget about it- BAM!- there it is.  The thing that made me want to write about HIMYM was that Katie Holmes is going to play a character that was mentioned in an episode in THE 1ST SEASON!!  This character has not been actually seen yet, only mentioned and - BAM- she's back 6 years later.  Love it!

So I would totally recommend trying to catch up and watch HIMYM because it's awesome!

2 comments:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Jess, I totally have to point this out...when you said major spoiler, I saluted! Did you do that on purpose? Ever since I saw that episode, I can't stop myself.

And I also have to add, that I have seen every episode 6000 times, and Ted is the only character I don't love. Also, what in the heck did Robin do to her hair this season?

*Erin

Jess said...

bahahaha I didn't even notice I did that. I don't know what she did, I;m always ready for Lily to have different hair but not Robin.