In one of my classes this semester we have, what I like to refer as, the Damn Purple Workbook. This workbook is, duh, purple and it has a bunch of reflective things we need to write about. So I am going to list some for you and you can think about how you would answer these, knowing that your professor is going to read them.
* Imagine yourself on your deathbed. Write an obituary describing yourself and your life. Write it in a way that accurately reflects your life as it is. Seriously??
* Identify a recent event that triggered a behavioral and/or emotional reaction for you. Identify the (1) thoughts, (2) feelings, (3) behavior and (4) underlying belief that you used in response to this event: What??
* On what do you base your self-respect? To what extent do you respect you own capabilities and abilities? What do you need to do to earn your own respect? Come on!
* Identify a time when you did something you didn't want to do. What was your motivation? What were your choices? What would be your preferred choice of behavior? Seriously???
* Identify a time when you associated making a mistake with your worth as a human being. What??
*Identify recent choices you have made that do not reflect your actualizing yourself and being true to yourself. Come on!
I hope it goes without saying, but I hate this book. We are going to have a Damn Purple Workbook Burning party at the end of the semester. I can't wait.