Friday, October 28, 2011

Why hello, Friday

Let's start off this post with a Favorite Quote Friday.  I found this quote this morning and although I've never really heard it before, it's kinda what I'm learning about in classes.  We've been learning  how empatheticly listen and to reflect what the "client" is saying and to really focus on them.  So I've been trying to do that in my everyday conversations.  It's interesting what you can pick up when you are really, truly listening.  
thanks

Ok, so now on to other things happening in my life.

**  Presentation is done!!  And I think we did AWESOME!  Everyone seemed to have a ton of fun with our challenges and that actual presentation went without a hitch.  And since this is being graded on creativity I think we set the bar pretty high.  We were the first group to go, so now everyone is comparing their's to our's.  And the best part is that we are done and we can sit back and watch everyone else's presentations and not have to worry about upping the creativity on our's.  

** I have today off!!!  Today is BabyGirls's birthday and my bosses always take the kids' birthdays off.  So after a week of staying up super late doing my project, I got to sleep in.  I was really worried that I would wake up at 7 and not be able to fall back asleep and I know that I needed to catch up on sleep.  And because I only have white sheers in my windows, I was super ghetto last night and put a blanket in the window so my room would be extra dark this morning. Worked like a charm, I slept til 8:45!!  

**  I use to think I was a coffee person, and don't get me wrong, I *love* coffee.  But lately I have been drinking tea in the morning.  I'm not sure if it's laziness, because I can just grab a tea bag and make it at work, or what.  But I've been drinking a lot of tea.  So this morning I put the tea pot on and go get a mug.  And I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is particular about what mug I drink out of.  At my parent's house I have a mug that is mine dammit! and that's the only one I'll use. When I lived in ATL all the mugs were mine (technically) but I only used two:  one was an  I heart NY one and the other was from the musical Wicked.  But now I pick my mug based on my mood.  Apparently I like to mugs as souvenirs because I have a lot of them and today I wanted to use my The Blood Countess one.  The Blood Countess was a real Hungarian noble who killed many (some say thousands) of  young, virginal peasants and drank.bathed in their blood to stay young (can anyone say CA-RAZY!?).  So the Rochester City Ballet had a production of it and my cousin and I went.  I love ballet and I love gory, creepy things. . .Jackpot!  I bought a mug from there and it was actually really nice and kinda cool:  it's matte black on the outside and glossy red on the inside.  There is The Rochester City Ballet written on one side and The Blood Countess written on the other and both are in matte red.  Like I said pretty cool.  Well this morning (being as it's so close to Halloween) I want to use it.  And then I proceed to drop it on my counter.  Luckily, only the handle broke so i think I can fix it.  But, man am I bummed



so sad :(

Since I clearly am not going to use that mug today, I'm using one I got from Salem (in case you were wondering).  It serves it's purpose.


**  I'm going to my parent's tonight for dinner.  With working full time and going to school full time, I don't really see my family much.  My folks live about an hour away so I don't get out there.  And when school started I had warned them that I wouldn' be be coming home for random reasons.  But my dad told me that anytime I was free they would either come up here and take me to dinner or they would cook for me.  He kept making comments about me not eating good.  And I kept telling him  I wasn't an undergrad that couldn't afford food and wasn't going to be living off of Easy Mac.  But ya know what?  I haven't eaten a real dinner all week because of that stupid project.  So I am so excited for tonight.  I placed my order earlier in the week  so we are having a chicken with mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, an unknown by me vegetable and hopefully rolls or biscuits.  *So* excited!


Happy weekend y'all and Happy Halloween.  I'm looking forward to reading about what everyone did and to  see all your costumes!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Have a good weekend Roomie!!!

Vanessa Mercado said...

it's nice to hear that you'll spend dinner with your parents.. having some quality time with family members really would give us more strenght to go on with life and would encourage us to face life more positively.. nice mug!!! have a wonderful weekend!!! enjoyed your blog.. following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too.. kissess!!!!


http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE’S THE LINK–> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Here is a weird TMI story for you: For some reason, I vomit if I have tea first thing in the morning. Not like a chai tea latte (thank you Starbucks), but if I have a good ol' mug of tea (in my specific mug, mind you ), I get sick. So I stick with coffee....or non-fat milk with splenda and a dash of coffee, if we are being real:)

*Erin

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

P.S. Congrats on your presentation!

*Erin