Thursday, August 25, 2011

oh em gee!!!

So in the past two days I have made so minorly serious changes.  They really aren't all that serious.  They are what my friend, JG, would call Jessica problems.  I am going to back to school in two weeks (eek!!!) to get my masters in mental health counseling. So hopefully at the end of this program I will be certified for any talk based therapy. 

* I canceled my cable!!!!  Now that doesn't seem like a huge deal; but I watch a lot of TV.  A LOT, A LOT!!  Not only do I watch a lot of TV, I DVR a ton.  It turns out that I never actually watch "live" TV.  I just watch everything that I've recorded.  There is no way possible to watch all that I've recorded.  It's so sad.  So very sad.

* I downgraded my Netflix.  I use to get unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (one at a time).  Well, first off Netflix raised their prices, so I would have ended paying twice as much as I do now.  I still have the unlimited streaming but no DVDs now.  I don't really *need* the DVDs and if there was something that I really wanted to watch that wasn't streaming I could just go to Redbox. 

* I opened up a Amazon credit card to finance my books.  I didn't really need to do this.  I have a credit card that I could have used, but with the Amazon one I get 0% interest for 6 months.  So you're telling me I can pay it off with out the interest?  ummm sign me up!!

So I'm sure that all this doesn't seem like a big deal, but trust me it is.  But I know it's all gonna be worth it.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

First of all..I fell ya on the whole DVR-ing my life away thing. My husband jokes that I have a very busy life and I watch/record tv like someone that has nothing going on. I keep trying to give shows up so my life doesn't revolve around them, but don't bother my when True Blood or Survivor is on.

And I totally feel ya on the Netflix thing. I am not sure what we are going to do yet, but the pricing doesn't seem worth it, with the crap they stream. Bring on the new releases!

BTW- good luck going back to school! That is fantastic.

*Erin