Monday, April 9, 2012

Nothing says Birthday Weekend....

...like being sick.

Well Friday was my birthday and I had dinner with one friend and drinks with another.  I had a total of 4 drinks all night.  So, you can imagine my horror when I woke up sick on Saturday morning.  There was no possible way I was that hungover from four drinks!  And when I mean I was sick. I mean I got sick.  I had so much work to do for school that I wanted to get done in the morning because in the afternoon I had my Godson's first birthday party.  After that, I was going to my parents' for my birthday dinner and for Easter.  

Well I slept most of the morning and struggled my way through Godson's party.  I felt so bad, that my aunt (who rode with my parents) drove me and my car home.  I spent the evening on the couch and missed my dinner.  I did manage to wander into the kitchen to sit with my family while they ate the steak I had asked for for my birthday dinner (insert pathetic face here).  Well my "hangover" wasn't getting any better; in fact, it was getting worse.  I decided I should take my temperature to see if I was sick and not hungover.  Yep, that's right, I had a 101 fever.  I was a little happy that I was actually sick and not hungover.  

the next day my parents suggested that I should skip Easter dinner at my aunt's so I wouldn't get anyone sick. One good thing about having to skip Easter dinner was that I got some school done and I watched four episodes of Freaks & Geeks. So that's a plus.

It turns out that the boys were sick all weekend too. So since we were all sick, I'm declaring today Movie Day.  We're watching Rango.  

Hope y'all had a happier and healthier Easter than I did.  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ugh awful. Hope you feel better.