Saturday, August 4, 2012

I just can't get enough

I love, love, love the Olympics!  I can't stop watching them.  I can't stop reading the news posts on Yahoo!. I can't stop tearing up in inappropriate places when I'm reading about the sacrifice that some of the athletes, their family and their friends had to make so they could make it to the Olympics.  
What's prompting this gushing about the Olympics is the double-amputee that just qualified for the semi-finals.  That's right, you read that correctly: DOUBLE-amputee.  He ran on carbon prosthetics.  And he just qualified for 400m dash semi-finals at the freakin' Olympics.  

Let that all sink in.  

Talk about triumph of the will (Random side note: I normally hate that phrase).  He was born without his lower leg bones and decided "Screw you world! I'm going to be a runner!"

I can't even get off my couch long enough to train for the Warrior Dash. 

Hats off to you Oscar Pistorius!

No comments: