* my semester ended last week. Four classes down, a bazillion more to go. Well, maybe not a bazillion but a whole lot. I kick some grad school butt. Three As and one A- (boo you whore). I wanna brag about it and I think this is the perfect place to. So there it is, I'm super duper smart.
* I signed up for the Warrior Dash. It's an insane 5K run with obstacles. Did I mention it was insane?
That most insane thing about this is that I am the laziest, non-exercising person ever. I don't really like physical stuff. Insane, right? But I have been trying to get motivated to work out and there is always some reason not to. I know that once I get into the routine of running and what not, I will enjoy it and it'll be no problem. I just have to get started. Well this is going to do it. There is not way I can not train for this. And work has a treadmill I can use. My goal is to train for 5 miles and then the 3 point whatever miles will seem easier. I'm going to start my "training" when the holidays are over. First I was waiting until the semester ended but what is the point of running this week when I have most of next week off and I know I'm not about to run outside in the cold. So Jan 2nd is my starting date. And then, hopefully, once school starts again, I'll be in a nice routine that I will maintain. I'm going to try to post my workouts. I know that is super boring but I think I have to "record" it somewhere in public if I'm going to be accountable. So it's up to you guys to help me stay motivated! A lot of pressure I know. The only think I ask is that you not be too judgmental on how slow I am at first. Remember, I don't exercise. And I'm a junk food junkie. So here is to the start of a healthier-ish Jess.
* For Christmas with my dad's side of the family we are doing something pretty awesome. And if I can toot my own horn, I started it all (beep beep). We are doing a Chinese Christmas, White Elephant exchange, Yankee Swap (whatever you crazy kids call it). But all the presents are As Seen on TV. I'm pretty stoked. We had a price range of $20-25, so unfortunately no one is getting the Forever Lazy. Aww shucks!
I got the Slap Chop. And it comes with a free electric grater!!! WOW! JACKPOT! One of the reasons I got it was because the picture of the guy who sells it looks like a SNL parody. It's pretty funny. I wrote on the box so whoever gets it pays attention to his face.
* I just bought myself the Naked 2 palette. It was shipped this morning and I'm pretty excited because I think it might get here by Christmas.
* It's pretty much been established that I am a book ends cook. So for Christmas I'm making some cookies, some more peppermint bark, and some bread. For my mom's side of the family we usually do bunch a day or two after Christmas. That way everyone isn't rushing around on Christmas day; it works pretty nice. It's much more relaxed and enjoyable. So for that I am going to make a chocolate peppermint trifle. But instead of using a trifle dish, I am going to use wine glasses so they are single serving. I've been wanting to try this for awhile but haven't had the chance. I will most definitely post some pictures for you.
So that's me in a nutshell. Whenever I say that, I think this:
I really like videos today huh???