Tuesday, July 10, 2012

big girl

Sometimes it's so hard to be me.  I'm just kidding, in case you didn't read that first sentence with a hint of sarcasm.  

I'm starting I've started my practicum.  So for two days a week for the rest of the summer, I'll be at a youth and adolescent outpatient clinic.  I have never, in all my life, had a job where I had to look nice.  Ever.  In all my thirty-one years.  

It's kinda exciting and annoying.  

I'm excited that I actually get to look like an adult.  There are a whole bunch of clothes that I never really wear because they have always been slightly too nice to wear to any of my previous jobs.  However, they are also not what I would wear when I go out.  So why did I even buy them??  Apparently I bought them to wear to now.  I even went shopping this weekend for "adult work clothes."  

It's annoying because on the days when I feel fat and gross (and who doesn't have days like that??), I'm not going to be able to throw on elastic waist pants and a baggy shirt.  Now I have to actually look nice, even if I feel like a big turd.  

Right now, picking out my clothes is going to be exciting.  But I give myself three weeks before it gets old.  

For all of you who get to have to dress like an adult, how long til you got over it?

1 comment:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

My first job out of college required me to wear suits everyday. I hated every second of it. I guess I felt like an adult immediately because of this. I am much happier in the business casual office environment I work in now (although some days I do wish I could throw on yoga pants and a hoodie).