Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who is Keyser Söze?

So the first thing we see in this townie bar is a big banner that says, "Class of 1987 Reunion."  Hmm, interesting.  

After we have the obligatory birthday drink, my friend and I had a conversation about how funny it would be to try to convince some people that we graduated with them.  Now I realize that this would never have worked, but at the time it seemed like a good idea.  Doesn't everything seem like a good idea at the time.  Side note: that actually just reminded me of something; but that's for another post.

Immediately after the conversation, we see a group of people taking a picture.  So my friend asks if she can get in too because it's her birthday.  They kinda ignore us and we made a comment to one of the guys about doesn't he "remember us from high school?"  He looks at us and makes some comment about "oh you 22 year olds."  I'm excited because he thinks we are 22 when in fact neither one of us is in our twenties at all.  My friend, who has a little bit of a mean drunk streak kinda gets all offended and mouthy.  

We walk away and find our friends. 

Fast forward twenty-ish minutes: I go to the bathroom.  On the side of the stall there is half of a reunion name -tag.  The half that has the picture on it.  I grab it and stick it to my purse.  I show my friends and say that I'm going to wander around and see if I can find someone who knows who this is.  This is something that I often do.  Once at a bar, I made it my mission to meet everyone there.  So I wandered around and met everyone and asked how they all knew each other.  Good times.  I also tend to be the drunk bridesmaid that will introduce myself to everyone at the wedding and convince them they need to come dance.  So wandering to find this guy was no biggie for me.  

I grab the first reunion-looking person that walks by me and low and behold it's New Friend that thinks I'm twenty-two.  He sees us and kinda gets a shocked look; like maybe we were stalking him.  My friend once again gets a little lippy and I convince him to ignore.  

I ask him if he knows Name Tag Guy.  Oh Em Gee, he does but Name Tag Guy wasn't there anymore.    I also found it interesting that he informed me that Name Tag Guy was a "big guy."  Did he think I was interested in him because I wanted to date him?  Nope, New Friend, just on a drunken mission.

I would like everyone to meet Mr. Dino Rizzo