Thursday, July 26, 2012

Funny how things turn out

When I started school, I was determined that I wasn't there to make friends.  I'm not saying that I didn't want to make them or that I was determined *not* to make them; I just wasn't worried about it.  I was going to school to learn.  

If I made friends, great.  If not, that's ok too.  

Well, I just got home from a girls' night with some school friends.  And honestly, no one really gets my life like they do.  They are also trying to juggle school and clinical and work and friends and potential love interests.  One is also planning a wedding and one is closing on a house next week.  They get it.

I can't believe that I ever had the notion that their friendship didn't matter.  Because sometimes, it's the only thing that gets me through the day.

1 comment:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Being out in the real world, there is one thing I have learned to be true. You never make (ok, or usually don't) the same kind of friends like you do when you are in school. It is so much harder when you are out in the world working for a living. Embrace all the friendships you can make!

*Erin