Sunday, July 29, 2012

yikes!

Do you remember this?  Or this?  Well, I'm sad to say that my training did not go as I planned.  Not as I planned at all. 

I did well for about a month but then life happened and it got hard to find the time to run in between the rest of the things I had to do.  

In two weeks I will be paying for it dearly. On August 11 at 10AM I am running the Warrior Dash.  I would like you to take some time and check out the ridiculousness that I have signed up for.  That link is to the map of the actual race I'll be running.  Now that you've seen it, you can commiserate with me.  

In all honesty, it probably won't be that bad.  Yes, it will suck.  Yes, I will regret not training.  Yes, I will probably want to collapse when I finish.  But finish I will.<---very Yoda-ish of me  

That's my goal: to finish.  I would also like to complete each obstacle.  There is always the choice to go around them.  The race people doesn't not encourage people to give up on the obstacles, but they are realistic.  If I go around an obstacle, I forfeit any awards I qualify for.  But let's be honest here people, I'm not winning about Warrior Dash awards.  

1 comment:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I have always wanted to do this (however, I would need to train for about a year to even finish). This looks like so much fun, Jess!

*Erin