Saturday, July 30, 2011

A/C vs. open windows

Before I forget I wanted to say how much I Love, with a capitol L, my windows in my apartment.  I Love them.  The amount of windows in each room was not something that I was really worried about when I was looking for an apartment.  But I realize how important it is.  I am dog sitting and last night it was cool enough to sleep with the windows open.  Alas, I could not since my cousin has A/C in the window in their bedroom and the other window is all closed up and covered to keep in the cool air.  If I had the choice of windows open or A/C I would always pick open windows.  I don't things being super cold, I just like the air to be comfy.  My apartment is not very big.  It has a great size kitchen and bedroom and the living room is decent.  My A/C can cool down the living room and bed room with no problem and my father seems to think it can cool down the kitchen too.  I don't really care if the kitchen is all that cool so I put up a sheet (yes a sheet) in the doorway between the kitchen and living room to keep the cool air in.  And it actually looks nice; it's black and matches the curtains in my living room.  And it does an awesome job.  All the hot air from the kitchen stays put, so I can cook and not have to worry about heating up my whole house.  High five to me!  With all that being said, I still have plenty of windows to open up when it's not a billion kajillion degrees out.  I have 3 in the living room, 2 in the kitchen and 1 in the bedroom.  So there is plenty of air flow. 

 Once again I Love my windows.

No comments: