Wednesday, July 20, 2011

the many adventures of Jess part deux

So apparently I am a whiz at picking horrible times to visit people.  Not only did I pick a time of year that is notorious for being super duper hot in VA, but there is a massive heat wave across the entire country.  Way to go Jsss!  And I know that it is below the Mason-Dixon line, but I have a hard time calling this "the South" (notice the capitol S) since I lived in Atlanta for 3ish years.  I knew it was going to be hot here.  But honestly I figured if I could handle the real South all summer, I could most certainly handle VA in July.  Oh wait, here comes Mother Nature and she's up to her ol' tricks.  There is a massively massive heat wave across the entire country.  So yesterday we thought it was a great idea to go into the Capitol and find something to do.  I love DC.  I am such a nerd at heart and this is like my mecca (besides that one time in NYC that I saw a Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut all under the same roof).  Here there are *tons* of museums and they are all free.  Well apparently not all of them since we paid to go to one yesterday.  But most of them are free.  Since it was so hot I had a really hard time picking out what to wear.  I like dresses and skirts and I don't really wear shorts.  But I wasn't feeling any of my dresses so I finally picked out an outfit that consisted of capris and a tank, and we were off.  One block after we got off the metro (literally) I made us stop at H&M so I could buy a pair of shorts.  And since I'm not much of a short person, I figured this was going to be impossible.  However, good ol' H&M came to my resuce with a pair of jean boyfriend shorts that I now love love love. 

We ended up going to the International Spy Museum.  It was really cool but *way* bigger than we originally thought and about halfway thru we stopped reading all the blurbs.  A few highlights: a lipstick pistol (that Bri decides she needs so she can give the"ulimate kiss of death"), a dog poop transmitter, and a rectal cyanide case (that's right, a case that holds a cyanide tablet that you put up your butt...ewww).

Today it's going to be 100 degrees so we need to find something to do inside.  I'm thinking a movie. 

How awesome is this!?

No comments: