Monday, January 2, 2012

Jessica watches another movie

Last night I watched Insidious 


I like scary movies.  I like them a lot. Even the horrible ones like Cabin Fever, which is so awful it's funny.   But sometimes if I don't know how scary the movie is going to be or if I don't know what is going to be "scary," I don't like to watch them alone or at night.  Fair enough I think.  So I have been going back and forth about if I want to watch this.  So I decided to watch it yesterday afternoon.  

Let me tell you, there were lots of scary images in Insidious.   A lot of "jumps."  About halfway through it lost me when it got into what was really going on with the kid.  I found some of it dumb and not scary.  However, the scary images throughout the movie gave me plenty of things to attempt to not think about all night long.  I had to force myself to not think about the scary shit in Insidious.  That's not so fun when it's dark out and you live alone.  Even writing this makes me want to put something happy on TV so I can stop thinking about it. 

If you like scary movies then go for it. 


UPDATE:  Umm I still don't like to think about this movie and it's been a few months.  So yeah, it's a lingering scary.


No comments: