Monday, January 2, 2012

How do I manage this stuff?

So for the past weekish I have been nothing if not a lazy piece of poop (poop is such a fun word to say) (you just said poop didn't you?).  I have to go back to work tomorrow so I figured I should get a jump on being non-lazy.  The plan was to set my alarm for 7 and get up and shower (because in all honesty I did not manage that yesterday) and go to the store to get some food.  And you're not aware of this but I'm a hard core snoozer.  I set my alarm at least a half hour before I actually *need* to get me butt out of bed.  I snooze roughly 3 times, sometimes 4.  And yes I realize that if I just set my alarm 30 minutes later I would get that much more sleep.  But that is not how my brain works; I need to snooze.  And yes I realize that I  can't actually get any decent sleep in 9 minutes, but I don't care, it's how I roll y'all.  

So I set my alarm for 7 thinking I'll get up at 7:30ish and hop in the shower.  When my alarm went off this morning I blindly hit the snooze button.  This happened 3 times.  I roll over and see that my clock says 6:29.  WTF!!  Somehow I managed to turn on my "work" alarm and a 7:00 one.  Now, should I get out of bed and start my day because I'm awake?  I'm annoyed but still awake.  Or do I try to fall back asleep until the 7:00 alarm goes off?  I really didn't want to get up at 6:30 but I was freakin' awake.  So I do attempt to fall back asleep with great success but I didn't want to get up when the second alarm went off.  

That's just a pointless story for ya.  But I got up and showered and was at Wegmans before 9 and got my shopping done by 9:20.  Now I have tons of food and I don't know what I want to eat first.  I think I'm going to make buffalo mac & cheese for dinner tonight.  

No comments: