Monday, January 16, 2012

Phew!

Well, you'll be happy to hear that I do not suck at life.  I met with my professor and yes, everyone got an email and everyone was suppose to meet with him.  My paper was not bad at all, I just need to fine tune my APA style and write at a more professional, publishable level.  He did tell me that he thought I was a good writer and that I have the potential to become a great one.  So double phew!

What amazed me was 1) he showed me some other papers (not the names, just the work) and 2) wow, some people do, indeed, suck at life.  One person used Wikipedia as a reference.  And don't get me wrong, I love me some Wikipedia, but not for papers.  I believe this person also had what looked like footnotes in the paper.  But they weren't their footnotes; it looked like it was cut and pasted.  They also had about a 2-3 inch margin on each side.  Someone else didn't cite a damn thing but just had a bunch of references in back.

And now I feel a little less stressed about this semester.  I was worried that if my writing wasn't up to snuff then I would have that much more to struggle with.  So there are some things that I need to work on.  But I'm glad that I met with him so he could explain it to me in person; he gave me some good pointers.

3 comments:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

That is great news. Will you be finished with school soon?

Michelle said...

This is why I don't miss school.

Jess said...

Erin- this is my 2nd semester. I graduate in May 2013