Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jessica watches another movie

I just finished watching The Wave (2008).  

via
Since it's a foreign film, I doubt anyone has heard of it.  My apologies if you have.  The Netflix blurb says: To give his students a real-world example of how dictatorships can grow powerful, a high school teachers conducts a social experiment.  It was nothing like I thought it would be.  I was expecting the teacher to be a power hungry, megalomaniac.  Not the case.  He was just a unconventional teacher.  But the movie was really good and I was riveted.  I notice that I pay closer attention when I'm watching foreign films because there is no way I can surf the web, or read or do anything else and still understand what is happening (I can multitask like nobody's business).  

It's a drama with some thrills.  I wouldn't call it a thriller, but I did keep wondering what was going to happen.  So if you like foreign films then I think you should watch this.   I can't stand dubbed movies, but if you don't mind them and can find it dubbed, I think you should definitely watch it. 

No comments: